I hate mondays...

(It was only ever going to end one way from here on in for the player in blue/white. Today I can sympathize...)

This morning I was in work early...

An hour early to be precise. I had to be at a school before all the kiddywinkles arrived to photograph the head teacher (understand it was I that was photographing the head, not all the kiddywinkles...that would be insane) who was backing some crusade led by our leader (the editor) to revamp our roads, in particular an A-road running right through our leader's village. (Draw from this your own conclusion.) So I go pick up the car from work, along with the relevant reporter. Oh, since I'm out that way, could I also do another job just round the corner? "why, of course!" I say, drawing another much needed breath into my tired body which is starting to feel like its falling apart. The knot in my shoulder has flared up again, and I can't understand why my knee hurts!

Anyways, back to the job. We get there, the head is having a nightmare morning and the children haven't even got there yet. Its raining, the light is yucky dull and i'm far from being inspired. Trying to get anybody to do anything like what I wanted, when I wanted, was like trying to push a rhino in the opposite direction to what it wanted to go, and nearly as dangerous.

(This is Zimba, he is only a baby at 1 yr old)

That road really does carry a lot of traffic, and where we were was very narrow. It was hard work, my pics were rubbish and things didn't really get much better from then on...

My second job was just around the corner, but could I find it? Could I eckers like?!? I'm looking for 11. The house numbers I found went 5, 6, 1, 2, 12! Turned out to be right behind me all along, tucked behind a van that was parked taking up all of the narrow road. They were lovely people, and it came to light that I had photographed them before, which was nice. But, no time for hanging around, I was already late. No pratting around with flash, a straight f.2.8 portrait at 70mm and I'm away, now to track down my illusive reporter back at the school before attempting to be at my next job in 5 minutes. Easy, right? besides, its only 20 minutes away!

more tk...

2 comments:

Amy Fenton said...

uh oh... that 'job round the corner' was one of mine ha ha x

Joe Riley (.co.uk) said...

Figures, Amy, figures... :P

Post a Comment