A little under the weather...


Today, while shooting alpacas, I met a woman who told me about a trip to China she took as a teenager with a group of fellow cycling students, where her party came across a village deserted due to bubonic plague, complete with dead bodies. She honestly believed that she wasn't going to get out of there alive...

Well, I'm not quite that ill, but I have though been feeling a little off colour, a tummy bug me thinks. I blame it on all the schools I've been in recently. I don't think there has been a day gone by for 2 weeks when I haven't spent some time in a school with those little dwarf-like plague-carrying humans they call 'children'.

I'm not quite sick enough to take time off work, but just sick enough to make it a hindrance. My mind has not been fully on my photography, and I've struggled when trying anything taxing. But despite the grumbly-in-the-tumbly I've managed a couple of good photos today which has cheered me up a little.

One was a funny picture of the alpacas, the other was a portrait of a hairdresser who had just returned from London where she had spent the last 3 1/2 yrs styling the hair of celebrities like Sharon Stone. While trying to get her to smile for the birdie (while all my equipment was failing around me - which reminds me, gotta charge a load of batteries) she says "I hate my teeth"...Well, I wasn't quite sure what she wanted me to do about it. Lend her mine? Believe you me, that would have looked a lot worse! I couldn't see anything wrong with hers, so I told her to keep smiling and we got the picture.

Did someone say bad teeth?

2 comments:

Amy Fenton said...

Ha... I look forward to seeing this woman's teeth!

Joe Riley (.co.uk) said...

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with this woman's teeth :)

Post a Comment